Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange is pleased to announce new Programme for incoming researchers: The Ulam Programme. The Programme will help foreign researchers to develop their career by intensifying international mobility as well as will give them an opportunity to establish scientific cooperation with excellent host institutions in Poland. It allows both recognised and promising scientists with at least the doctoral degree, to visit Poland in order to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects and didactics.
Why Ulam Programme?
- vibrant and fast developing research environment fitting the needs of young post-docs,
- one of the top 10 countries qualified as “rising stars in science” by Nature magazine (2016),
- 82 Polish universities and research institutions awarded by HR Excellence in Research by the European Commission,
- one of the leaders in scientific publications produced in Eastern Europe.
The Programme provides financing for a scholarship that covers the Beneficiary’s living costs in an amount of approx. 2400 EUR a month, along with a mobility allowance. The scholarship amount may be increased if a scientist is accompanied by his or her spouse or minor children and in the case of a scientist with officially determined disability – by a personal assistant.
Who is entitled to file an application?
The applicant is an individual scientist who:
- holds at least a doctoral degree awarded in a country other than Poland,
- does not hold Polish citizenship, except for persons who are Polish citizens and whose full cycle of doctoral studies has been financed by the Polish government,
- is employed at a foreign HEI/research centre or has just defended his/her PhD dissertation or has just completed his/her previous postdoctoral fellowship.
What is the Programme’s schedule?
The call for proposals is open from 22nd January to 23rd April 2019. Visits under the Programme can last from 6 to 24 months within the period from 1st October 2019 to 31st May 2020.
What activities are covered by the Programme?
- completing the first or subsequent postdoctoral fellowship(s),
- conducting scientific research, including in cooperation with Polish scientists or research teams,
- obtaining materials for research or a scientific publication,
- teaching at a host institution.
More details about the Programme can be found here.